ISOCARP’s main event is the annual World Congress, which focuses on a planning theme of foremost international interest. The Congress takes place in a different city every year. ISOCARP has held congresses on vital topics in the field of city and regional planning in every year since 1965. Combining a unique, triple perspective in theory, policy and practice, ISOCARP has pioneered the focus of the planning profession on issues such as regional urban planning (1966), urban regeneration (1981), planning for land and water (1998), the creative economy (2005) and low carbon cities (2009).
Highlights of the 2014 ISOCARP Congress
- Listen to world leading keynote speakers, concentrating mainly on “Urban Transformations,” and choose from over 100 presentations in parallel sessions.
- Meet high profile planners from over 50 countries worldwide, and establish new collaborations and friendships.
- Present your paper to a huge variety of professionals from the private, public and academic sectors, and have a chance to be chosen as a “Track Keynote Speaker”.
- Discuss, learn and be updated about the most recent and challenging planning issues faced these days.
- Join special plenary sessions as “The Waterfront Planning Marathon”, “Educational Planning Forum”, “Launch of the 50th Anniversary Celebrations of ISOCARP”, “Winners of ISOCARP Awards for Excellence Presentations”.
- Enjoy a rich cultural and entertainment program, including receptions, gala dinner, and a partners program.
- Enjoy the wonderful hospitality of the unique Port and Waterfront city Gdynia.
- Use the opportunity to explore Poland, experience urban transformations and vibrant cities, and visit UNESCO world heritage sites, on the post congress tours.
ISOCARP members benefit from reduced participation fees.
Invited authors of selected papers benefit from reduced participation fees.
More information: 2014.isocarp.org/
The posters of the Young Planning Professionals Workshop will be exhibited during the ISOCARP Conference: